Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mumus and Naughty Tees

I got off work a few hours early yesterday, so I decided to stop by a few thrift shops on my way home. Both were having sales but I couldn't seem to match the sales to anything I was interested in. At the first shop, (Salvation Army at 120th and Colorado) the cashier told me that blue tags were half price...



But when I tried to purchase this cute serving dish, I was informed that the sale only includes blue tagged clothing items. Kind of a bummer, but I bought the dish anyway.

I almost bought this little trinket box. I'm not sure what it was made of...if anyone out there has an idea, I'd love to know. It was pretty heavy and had a very smooth finish. Felt like a cross between a metal and a stone. I decided not to buy it because it was $10 but I'm kind of regretting it now. There was also a matching hand mirror for sale. I took a picture of it too, but it magically disappeared from my phone.


My next stop was the Goodwill near 96th and Grant. This shop had a 50% sale for all green tags....of which I found none. There were a few clerks removing massive amounts of clothing from the racks and I assumed these were all of the left over green tagged items. Somehow, I never managed to get in front of them so I didn't get any discounts. I did, however, find two really cute dresses for $4.99 each.

Old Navy...

Roxy...

The Roxy one has a slight mumu vibe to it but its super short and cute on so whatever.

Today, I had big plans to get a lot accomplished and run a bunch of errands.  That sort of happened...but I got a little distracted at a Goodwill in Arvada. Shawn went with me and actually seemed slightly entertained...even picking up a new CD.  I got this adorable serving bowl for $4.99. 


The price was kind of high, especially for a Target bowl.  But earlier in the day, Shawn was scanning my new West Elm catalogue and commented on these dishes. Totally a different pattern, but in the same category, I'd say...


I always drool over the West Elm catalogues but I very rarely buy anything from them. I've only been to the store once and it was only because my catalogue came with a $25 gift card. In general, they are just too pricey. (Although they have awesome clearances online...got a great duvet cover for under $50 this year) I love the style of the store though, and the mags give amazing inspiration. I love to scroll through it to get design ideas and then try to put them together using thrift finds. Where were we?

Oh yeah...I also found this little picture frame and thought it might add a little more mild green to our office...in hopes of slightly down playing that awesome (although extremely loud) green filing cabinet I just got. (99 cents)


My only clothing purchase was this Hollister tee. Its brand new and made me giggle so...


And it was only $1.99. 

I was bummed that I didn't get any other tops. They had tons of clothes, many brand new, but all the ones I liked were size Extra Small. Not happening...

Alright folks, I'm out. Perhaps I'll have more to share tomorrow...or I'll actually get my errands done. We'll see. :)

3 comments:

Cindy Cline said...

I love your blogs! I want to come back to CO right now!

Miss C said...

The "greengrocer's apostrophes" in the title might give your nerdy sister an actual heart attack.

PS: I don't think you need to tone down the green of the AWESOME filing cabinet. I've been seeing that shade of bright green on lots of design blogs, usually painted dressers or stands against black walls or next to black furniture for contrast. I love it and I bet it looks amazing in your office!

Brown eyes, blue skies said...

Oh shit. Sorry. I fixey. :)

I'm not really trying to take away the brightness of the filing cabinet...but the rest of the office is completely boring. All browns, no color. It looks awesome in there but I think we need a few other, smaller, pops of color to make it seem more at home. I'm thinking some pretty blue candles or maybe even a splash of orange.